How to remove dampness from a wall: The insider's guide
Bad walls leave a poor impression in front of your guests when they come to your house for the first time. Sometimes, it does happen that your new home walls get damp or get dark spots. It has become very casual these days because the contractor applies low-quality paint or forgets to get your walls waterproofed.
If your house walls are exposed to moisture for an extended time, it can indeed lead to future damages. You can avoid facing such issues by preventing and removing the dampness from your wall. But before that, let's first understand what leads to dampness.
Following are some of the reasons why wall damping occurs
- When a waterproof solution has not quoted your house, then in that case as well. Situations like wall dampening occur.
- Due to excess moisture also, dampness occurs. Generally, rooms or walls in the basement get exposed to moisture. As it is built above the soil, and soil has a lot of moisture in it. Which can lead to the dampness of walls, and even colour comes out of the wall.
- Another common reason is rainwater. When rainwater comes inside your house due to open windows, it could create dampness inside the wall.
These three are the most common reasons why walls get damped. It is rightly said that there is no such problem that doesn't come with a solution. In this article, we would talk about a different solution for wall dampness.
Firstly we will start with the wall near your bathroom area. This is the area that gets exposed to water the most. And in 99% of the cases, the dampening of the wall starts from such areas only.
So, If the walls near your bathroom area are getting damped, then there are different options or somewhat different waterproofing solutions for water leakage, which we are going to discuss.
- You can fill the gaps in your bathroom tiles by using a waterproofing solution for water leakage. These products are readily available in the market. So, you can go to the market, purchase the product and can yourself fill the gaps. This will prevent the walls near your bathroom from further getting damped.
- Again, if there are any broken tiles near the wall, it would be best to change them immediately. But we understand that every time it's not possible to do so. It becomes difficult to purchase the same tile most of the time, or it becomes costly to change all the tiles. In such a case, you can switch to an alternate way of waterproofing solution for water leakage. For this, you must apply a layer of white cement to the broken or cracked tiles and must allow them to dry completely. This will prevent the walls.
As said earlier, in most cases, the water dampening begins from the area near the bathroom. It happens like this because the water when on the floor paves the way on the surface and creates moisture. The walls then absorb this moisture. And then the wall starts getting cracks or situations like dampness occur. So, to prevent the wall from further damages. You can follow the solutions mentioned above.
There are other reasons as well, as to why dampening of walls happens. There are specific general solutions to these problems, which one can follow in any issues like wall dampening, visual damage, rot, and decay.
- Get your house waterproofed:- There are many waterproofing solutions for wall dampness that are readily available in the market. So, you can quickly get it in the market and can bring back the shine to your walls. While water[proofing your home, you must strictly consider one point. The area where you are planning to apply the waterproofing solution must be oil and grease-free. This provides more protection to your walls and gives a long-lasting finish.
- Get your house painted again: If you face issues like the wall's dampness, accompanied by a peel-off of paints. In such a case, you must apply an appropriate layer of waterproofing solution for paint peel off. And must allow it to dry. Once it has dried completely, then apply a layer of waterproofing solution, and finally re-paint your house. This will make your house look more graceful and will also add charm to it.
- Get all your cracks filed:- If there is any broken pipe or any tile broken. Or any crack in the wall. It would be best if you indeed got it filed with any waterproofing solutions, or you can even use white cement to fill the gaps. It would be best if you did this because cracks absorb moisture, and this moisture can later cause severe damage to the wall.
- Use a chemical treatment method:- Sometimes when the waterproofing method doesn't work on the wall. You can always try the option of waterproofing + chemical treatment to get practical and desired results. And can consider this as the best option when you are planning to build your own house. This method will protect you in every case and not allow moisture to stick to the surface. And will also act as a long-term solution.
The Bottom Line
These were some of the general waterproofing solutions for wall dampness, which one can indeed consider. We are sure that if you use any of the solutions mentioned above, you will surely get relief from the problems you face. These methods can work wonders on your walls and save you from getting embarrassed in front of your guests. In addition to it, it will also prevent the walls from further getting disrupted by moisture.
If you plan to build your own home and prevent yourself from such embarrassing and filthy situations. Then, in that case, you can get your house waterproofed first and can even apply a coating of waterproofing solution for wall dampness. This will safeguard your walls for a long course of time and would add charm to the walls of your house.