What are the remedies for skin aging?
This is a completely normal and physiological process. Let's find out the causes and remedies for skin that is always beautiful and young.
Skin aging is a process that the skin undergoes from the age of 25-30, but the appearance of the signs of aging can be delayed and slowed down by counteracting the factors that contribute to making the skin dry and dehydrated.
What are the causes of skin aging?
However, there are external, environmental factors that can be fought by paying attention to one 's lifestyle.
- Exposure to solar radiation. The sun's rays are the main causes of premature aging: in addition to causing dehydration, the sun can cause permanent damage to skin cells, favoring the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes. When the skin is exposed to the sun without proper protection it can also cause skin cancers.
- Pollution. Polluted air has an immediate effect on the skin of the face, which is dull and less toned, but also has deeper consequences: it increases the production of free radicals and promotes the appearance of wrinkles, partially neutralizing the activity of vitamins E and C antioxidants and preventing proper skin oxygenation.
- The smoke. Smoking puts at risk the health of the body and also of the skin: the substances absorbed with smoke, such as nicotine and tar, accelerate the degradation of tissues, counteracting the production of collagen. For this reason, the skin of smokers takes on a dull color, is subject to spots and is often furrowed by deep wrinkles, visible above all near the mouth and around the eyes.
- The power supply. A healthy diet helps the body to produce antioxidants, such as vitamin E and vitamin C, which help prevent aging of the body. On the other hand, when you don't eat fruit and vegetables and don't drink enough water, your body struggles to defend itself against free radicals and the skin, hair and eyes are the first to suffer.
- Stress. A hectic and stressful lifestyle leads to a drop in immune defenses which also affects the health of the skin. Stress can manifest itself in visible dermatitis especially on the hands and in the upper part of the body and in an increase in facial wrinkles caused by the loss of elasticity of the tissues by free radicals.
What are the remedies for skin aging?
Knowing the cause of premature skin aging can help improve body care and keep tissues young.
The remedies for skin aging are:
- cosmetics (creams and specific products)
- nutrition and supplements
- massages and treatments
To counteract skin imperfections you can choose natural remedies and cosmetic products that integrate antioxidants and support the production of proteins.
Another remedy for skin aging is the moisturizer, to be used on the face and body. Moisturizing the skin is important for both the level of the epidermis and the dermis and creams help to maintain hydration long after cleansing. In addition, for facial signs, it is important to use an anti-wrinkle night cream to alternate with the daytime moisturizer and choose the best products based on age and skin type.
For body care you can use various natural creams and oils, such as calendula cream, argon oil, sweet almond oil and jojoba oil. These natural remedies have moisturizing and regenerating properties and in particular fight photo-aging, that caused by the sun's rays.
Nutrition and Supplements
Among the remedies that work from within the body, the choice of food occupies an important place. Changing your diet by favoring nutrients with antioxidant properties can have a surprising effect on the skin, but what can make the difference to the health of the whole organism is to eliminate foods and drinks rich in sugars. In this way you will have immediate results, starting from the areas most affected by premature aging, such as the face, eye contour, hands and hair.
Another important step is to use natural seasonings such as' olive oil, rich in phenols, and lemon, which provides vitamin C. These foods act in depth on the well-being of the body and in particular of the skin, but if they are not enough you can take antioxidants through food supplements.
You can try the supplements of vitamins A, C, D and E, which in addition to stimulating the synthesis of collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin help the immune system and especially the care of the eyes and hair. Other antioxidants present in vitamin supplements that help skin well-being are polyphenols, molecules that protect tissues from external agents.
Massages and Treatments
To combat cell aging, there are various beauty treatments that act both on the epidermis and at a deeper level, on elastic fibers and collagen. A treatment that acts on the surface with surprising results is the massage: you can massage the face with facial gymnastic exercises and when you apply the moisturizer, while the lymphatic drainage massage is very effective for the body.
Finally, for an anti-wrinkle treatment that has deep benefits you can try aesthetic dermatology. With micro-injections of hyaluronic acid you can effectively combat wrinkles and keep the skin young and healthy for a long time, while with pulsed light sessions you can lighten skin spots and promote cell renewal.
How to prevent skin aging?
The best way to combat aging is to switch to a healthy lifestyle and diet, which includes constant health care.
Here are some tips to prevent the effects of cell wasting.
Sun protection: Preventing photo-aging means always using sunscreen and a hat, even when the sun seems weak and overcast.
Facial cleansing and scrub: exfoliating and purifying treatments promote cell regeneration and promote skin oxygenation.
Healthy nutrition: continuous hydration and a diet based on foods that contain antioxidants, omega-3 and omega-6 and substances that favor the synthesis of collagen and elasticity is essential to prevent the action of free radicals and keep the skin healthy and elastic.
Avoid weight fluctuations: continuous weight changes cause the formation of imperfections, especially in the lower part of the body, which is more prone to stagnation of liquids.
Physical activity: daily walking or swimming makes the skin toned and supple.